Add a Coronavirus Issue on the Issues homepage in FiscalNote.
1. Access the Issues homepage by clicking the Folder icon in the left-hand menu. You will arrive on the Issues homepage.
2. Click the "+Add" button on the Issue homepage to begin adding your Coronavirus Issue.
3. The Add Issue pop-up window will appear for you to start entering your own information. Press "Cancel" at any time to close the window and stop the Add Issue process. The following fields are available on the first screen of the pop-up window:
a. Progress breadcrumbs: three dots appear at the top. The highlighted dot indicates your progress. The dot will move from left to right as you advance through the screen's three sections.
b. Name*: Enter a keyword or brief description to identify the Issue. We recommend Coronavirus or COVID-19. This is the only required field on this part of the Add Issue pop-up window.
c. Labels: Assign any relevant labels to your Issue. You can also create a new label and assign it to your Issue in this field. Note that this only applies the label(s) to the Issue. To learn how to apply labels to content such as a bill or regulation please read How to Add a Label?
d. Priority: Choose either Low, Medium, High or None.
e. Impact: Enter a value or brief statement of the Issue's potential effect on your organization, business, or cause. Please limit your Impact statement to 250 characters.
f. Lead: Provide the name of the person or team that is the point of contact, expert, and/or decision maker for anything relevant to this Issue
g. Cover Photo: Upload or drag-and-drop an image that will become the banner for the Issue. You may crop the image or choose a different image before clicking Complete Crop to confirm your selected image.
Wide images work best, with dimensions of 1360 x 160 providing the clearest resolution. Images cannot be more than 35MB in size. Below is a sample image that meets the requirements.
To remove an image and return to a blank space, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
4. Press "Next" to advance to the second screen of the Add Issue pop-up window.
5. On the second screen, enter a summary for the Coronavirus Issue. We recommend adding high-level thoughts, such as a brief explanation as to why monitoring Coronavirus is important to your organization. Please limit the summary to 500 characters.
6. Press "Next" to advance to the third and final screen of the Add Issue pop-up window.
7. Managing permissions is the final step for creating an Issue. Choose whether this will be an Organization, Group, or Personal Issue. We recommend choosing Organization for Coronavirus Issues to help raise awareness among all team members. Click the field which contains the phrase "Add groups or your organization to this issue..." to view a menu of options. Select 'Organization' to grant access to the whole team. Press "Apply" to complete the process of managing permissions. To learn more about the different levels of permission, please read What is the difference between Organization, Group, and Personal Issues?
8. Press "Confirm" to complete the process and add the Issue to your Issues homepage. If you already have multiple Issues on the homepage, then your new Issue will appear within the alphabetized list of Issues.