Add an Issue on the Issues homepage in FiscalNote.
1. Access the Issues homepage by clicking the Folder icon in the navigation bar. You will arrive on the Issues homepage.
2. Select the "New Issue" button on the Issue homepage to begin adding a new Issue to the Issues homepage.
3. The Add Issue modal will appear with it's first part ready for you to complete. Press "Cancel" at any time to close the modal and stop the Add Issue process. The following information is available on the first part of the modal:
a. Progress breadcrumbs: three dots appear at the top of the modal. The highlighted dot indicates your progress through the modal. The dot will move from left to right as you advance through the modal's three parts.
b. Name*: enter a keyword or brief description to identify the Issue. This is the only required field on this part of the Add Issue modal.
c. Labels: Assign any relevant labels to your Issue. You can also create a new label and assign it to your Issue in this field. Note that this only applies the label(s) to the Issue. To learn how to apply labels to content such as a bill or regulation please read How to Add a Label?
d. Priority: Choose either Low, Medium, High or None.
e. Impact: Enter a value or brief statement of the Issue's potential effect on your organization, business, or cause. Please limit your Impact statement to 250 characters.
f. Lead: Provide the name of the person or team that is the point of contact, expert, and/or decision maker for anything relevant to this Issue
g. Cover Photo: Upload or drag-and-drop an image that will become the banner for the Issue. You may crop the image or choose a different image before clicking Complete Crop to confirm your selected image.
Wide images work best, with dimensions of 1360 x 160 providing the clearest resolution. Images cannot be more than 35MB in size. Below is a sample image that meets the requirements.
To remove an image and return to a blank space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
4. Press "Next" to advance to the second part of the Add Issue modal.
5. On the second part of the Add Issue modal, you may enter a summary of your Issue. The Summary field contains a sample summary in ghost text. Click into the summary field to overwrite the ghost text. If you choose to not enter a summary, the ghost text will not appear on your Issue and the summary field will remain blank until you choose to enter a Summary. Please limit your summary to 500 characters.
6. Press "Next" to advance to the third and final part of the Add Issue modal.
7. Managing permissions is the final step for creating an Issue. Here, you will choose whether this Issue will be an Organization, Group, or Personal Issue. Click the field which contains the phrase "Add groups or your organization to this issue..." to view a menu of options. Place a checkmark next to your Organization, or next to one or more Individuals, to grant permission to access the Issue in FiscalNote. Press "Apply" to complete the process of managing permissions. To learn more about the different levels of permission, please read What is the difference between Organization, Group, and Personal Issues?
8. Press "Confirm" to complete the process and add the Issue to your Issues homepage. If you already have multiple Issues on the homepage, then your new Issue will appear within the alphabetized list of Issues.