Anyone can add a label (new or existing) to data in FiscalNote. Additionally, System Administrators can create one or more Labels on the Labels page by taking the following steps:
- On the Labels page, click the Create button
- The Create Labels modal appears
- Type a Label name
- Press Enter
- The Label appears in creation field
- To create additional Labels in bulk, repeat process of adding Labels to creation field
- Press “x” to the right of Label name to remove Label from creation field
- To end creation process and not create any Labels, press “Cancel”
- To complete the creation process and create all the Labels entered in the creation field after entering all desired Labels, press “Create”
- FiscalNote redirects to the Labels page
- A green message at the top of the page confirms the successful creation of Labels
- Newly created Labels will appear on Labels page
Newly created Labels will appear with a Count of “0” as they have not yet been applied to anything in FiscalNote. Any Labels that you create will be visible to anyone who can access your organization's FiscalNote account.
Please note, it is not possible to create a duplicate of an existing Label. The Create Labels modal will display an error message if you attempt to create a Label that already exists in your account.