While managing a Whipboard for a bill in your Issue, you can create a mailing list of legislators based on their projected votes.
- Toggle between Senate or House legislators.
- Click on Mailing List and select the position you'd like to filter by. For example, you might want to select "Lean No" to reach out to legislators and advocate for the passage of this bill.
- Click "Create".
Clicking on "Create" will prompt the Legislator List window, which will allow you to filter legislators by party, staffers by title and issue area and committees by name.
- You can hide or show your filters by clicking on Show/Hide Filters. You can also hide or show your staffers list by clicking on Show/Hide Staffers List
- To filter legislators by party, select one or more options under Parties. To filter by staffer titles or staffer issue areas, click on the text box and select options from the dropdown lists
- The list itself will show legislators and their staffers, including emails, staffer titles and staffer issue areas
- Under Other Actions, you can download the legislator list by clicking on Export List and you can save the list to your Mailing List page by clicking on Save List.
- To prompt a new email draft with the legislator and staff emails listed as BCCs, click on Gmail or Your Email Client. *Make sure to select Legislators, Staffers or both.
If you receive bounceback notifications from your emails to elected officials or staff, please forward those notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for us to better assist you in updating their contact information.