You can easily contact the legislators and staffers in a federal or state committee by using the mailing list feature. On the committee page, scroll to the Leadership & Members section of the page and click on the Create Mailing List button:
*By default, the mailing list will generate for committee members in the current term. To create a mailing list of committee members in past terms, click on the Term drop down menu and select another timeframe.
Clicking on the "Create Mailing List" will prompt the "Legislator List" window to pop up. This window allows you to filter committee members by Party and filter staffers by title and issue area.
- You can hide or show your filters by clicking on Show/Hide Filters. You can also hide or show your staffers list by clicking on Show/Hide Staffers List
- To filter committee members by party, select one or more options under Parties. To filter by staffer titles or staffer issue areas, click on the text box and select options from the dropdown lists
- The list itself will show legislators and their staffers, including emails, staffer titles and staffer issue areas
- Under Other Actions, you can download the legislator list by clicking on Export List and you can save the list to your Mailing List page by clicking on Save List.
- To prompt a new email draft with the legislator and staff emails listed as BCCs, click on Gmail or Your Email Client. *Make sure to select Legislators, Staffers or both.
If you receive bounceback notifications from your emails to elected officials or staff, please forward those notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for us to better assist you in updating their contact information.