To quickly create a mailing list of sponsors for a bill in your issues, click on "Email Sponsors" next to the Sponsors and Cosponsors section under Basic Information.
Clicking on "Email Sponsors" will prompt the "Bill Sponsors and Co-Sponsors" window to pop up. This window allows you to filter sponsors by party, staffers by title and issue area and committees by name.
Bill Sponsors and Co-Sponsors
- You can hide or show your filters by clicking on Show/Hide Filters. You can also hide or show your staffers list by clicking on Show/Hide Staffers List
- To filter sponsors by party, select one or more options under Parties. To filter by staffer titles or staffer issue areas, click on the text box and select options from the dropdown lists
- Under Committees or Sub-committees, type a committee name in the text box and select one or more committees or sub-committees to filter by. You can choose to include everyone on the committee or only committee leadership by selecting Chairpersons and/or Vice Chairpersons.
- The list itself will show legislators and their staffers, including emails, staffer titles and staffer issue areas
- Under Other Actions, you can download the legislator list by clicking on Export List and you can save the list to your Mailing List page by clicking on Save List.
- To prompt a new email draft with the legislator and staff emails listed as BCCs, click on Gmail or Your Email Client. *Make sure to select Legislators, Staffers or both.
If you receive bounceback notifications from your emails to elected officials or staff, please forward those notifications to email@example.com in order for us to better assist you in updating their contact information.
Article is closed for comments.