FiscalNote contains detailed information on the United States Congress and state legislators.
State & Federal Legislators
To find a state legislator, simply choose Legislators under State Legislation on the search drop-down and enter all or part of the person's name in the search bar. For a federal legislator, do the same but under Federal Legislation.
Legislator pages are broken down into the Overview, Contact and Staff, Sponsored Bills, Actions, Notes and Associations tabs. Under Overview, you’ll find basic information on the legislator, any committee or caucuses they're part of, similar legislators, top policy issues and that legislator's ideology.
Here are examples of the information you can find on a legislator's page in FiscalNote:
- Biographical information, including contact information, re-election year, staff, social media profiles, etc.
- How effective they are sponsoring or co-sponsoring legislation in certain issue areas Similar legislators (even across party lines)
- Committees and caucuses they belong to Bills they've sponsored Direct voting history, plus general voting tendencies by issue and ideology
- Any Actions you've taken that involve them, and any Notes you've made in relation to them
- Any Associations you've uploaded to the legislator, such as relevant files and web links
- Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, when available.
Article is closed for comments.