Discovery Alerts are designed to help you discover the most relevant legislative and regulatory information as it occurs during active sessions. Discovery Alerts will notify you of newly introduced or revised bills as well as proposed rules that match your criteria. You can also choose to get alerted whenever a relevant Congressional Research Service (CRS) report is published.
Our Account Management team uses Boolean logic to create custom alerts with a string of keywords relevant to your issue areas. Our system will then scan newly introduced legislation, regulations or CRS Reports for those keywords and alert you to the most relevant information. If you would like changes made to your Discovery Alerts or would like a new alert created for you, reach out to your account manager or our Support Team at email@example.com.
You can also create your own Discovery Alerts on FiscalNote yourself!
- To create a Discovery Alert, navigate to the Discovery Alerts page by clicking on Alerts> All Discovery Alerts from the FiscalNote Homepage.
- Click the green "Create Discovery Alert" button to create a new discovery alert.
The Discovery Alert creation pane will appear.
- Under “Document Type”, select the type of discovery alert you’d like to make: bills (state and federal), federal and state regulations, CRS Reports and international bills.
- Next, enter a name for your Discovery Alert. The name will not impact the criteria applied to the discovery alert.
- Next, enter the keywords that you would expect to appear in the legislation you want to be alerted about. You can use boolean operators in your keyword search.
- Each individual entry is automatically separated by an “OR” boolean operator. In this example, the discovery alert would search for bills that include the exact phrases “Product Stewardship,” or “Drug Take Back,” or “Rx Disposal.”
- Next, select the legislatures that you want to discover bills from. You can quickly select all 52 of the legislatures we cover (US Congress, DC, and the 50 states), or you can select individual states. This is ideal for regional managers who cover only a portion of the country.
- Finally, select your Discovery Alert notification preferences. To receive email notifications, select "Send to Email". You can choose to receive notifications in real time, or in four hour, daily, and weekly digests.
- To complete the Discovery Alert creation process, click the green “Save” button.
Once a Discovery Alert has been created, it will populate a list of all previously introduced or revised bills or rules that match your criteria in addition to alerting you to new bills or rules. These bills will appear in your “Discovery Alerts inbox”.
Article is closed for comments.