Customize the roles of every FiscalNote user. Control who can view, edit or delete certain information to make sure everyone has access to only the information they need.
Each organization has a System Administrator that can make these changes. If you want to make changes to your account and don't know who your System Administrator is, please reach out to your account manager or email@example.com
If you're a System Administrator, you can create as many roles as you'd like for your organization. For each role, you decide what each person in that role can create, view, edit or delete. You also decide what everyone else at the organization can view, edit and or delete what anyone in that role has created.
- Go to the bottom left-hand corner on FiscalNote and click the Setting icon
- Click on Organization Settings
- Toggle over to Roles. Here you will find all the roles you've already created
To Create a New Role:
- Click "Create Role"
- Give the role a name and description (ie. Associates, Executives, Contract Lobbyists, Compliance Team)
- Click Next to flesh out the parameters of that role. For each part of the FiscalNote platform, decide what people in that role can do and what everyone else at your organization can do in relation to this role.
- The last step is deciding which people in your organization are included in this role
- Once you're done, click Submit to save
A note on the difference between Groups and Roles: Groups are a way to better collaborate with your team within your organization. You can see what group you are in, create Issues for your group members etc. Roles are a way to customize the access of information and editing privileges for users. This is only visible to the System Administrator.
Article is closed for comments.